As we enter the final month of extreme heat, a slight decrease in curtailment incidents is in sight. However, they remain persistent and continue to impact facility operations. Earlier this summer we shared an article that delves into how the summer heat and electrical grid demands affect the price and uptime of mining facilities. You can read the article here: What experts are saying about energy markets this summer.

Please note the structure used below for our weekly Compass updates:

  • Facility updates: updates on any facility changes, including moving miners between locations, downtime or general information about one of Compass’s partner facilities
  • Deployment updates: updates on current deployments from manufacturers to Compass hosting locations
  • Relocation updates: updates on miners moving from one Compass Mining facility to another

Helpful links:

Facility Updates

Ohio 2: On-site technicians are working on the new containers to prepare them for deployment. It's worth noting that the area is still quite hot, and we anticipate some curtailment incidents on days with peak temperatures.

Ontario 1: Antminers shipped from Newfoundland have arrived at the Ontario facility. Technicians will be focused on racking these units immediately, as filling up the empty slots will improve containment and aid with heat management. However, high temperatures have been forecasted in Ontario for the coming week, so we expect curtailment incidents.

Texas Site Curtailments: Our Texas sites continue to have daily power curtailment events to cope with high grid demand. The curtailment data from the last two weeks suggests the following trends:

Deployment Updates

Please submit a ticket request if you have any questions or concerns.

ShortID Rollout

Our deployment team has completed the shortID rollout for more than 95% of the miners in our fleet. We are manually reviewing the remaining 5% to ensure all shortIDs are correctly assigned. If your miner worker name still follows the old naming convention, please let us know, and we'll update it. You can read more about the shortID naming convention here.

Bundle orders

Next Generation Bundles: We are still awaiting the next shipment of Antminer XPs. These machines will be deployed at Ohio 2 or Texas 3.

VIP, MINI, LONE Bundles: All units for these bundles have been deployed!

Turnkey orders

Antminer S19j Pro+ 120TH: 50 S19j Pro+ units are available as Turnkey miners at Texas 3. The hashrate for turnkey units can be directed to customer pool accounts within 48 hours of purchase.

Whatsminer M50++: M50++ units in Minnesota and Nebraska are available on the website for immediate deployment.

S19j Pro: We plan to make more turnkey units available at Ohio 2 & Texas 3. Please keep an eye out for these on our website.

Relocation Updates

North Carolina

As of September 9th, we have stopped operations at the North Carolina facility and are packing all our miners. Our team is working diligently to ensure all miners are packed and ready for shipping by September 18th. We have prepared for these miners to be sent directly to our Minnesota facility to minimise miner downtime. The on-site technicians in Minnesota will perform the necessary cleaning and diagnostics as soon as the shipment arrives.


The on-site team has successfully deployed most of the Antminers shipped from Newfoundland. A few units remain offline and are being inspected by the on-site technician.

South Carolina

We have deployed more South Carolina relocation units in Minnesota and Texas 3. According to the latest data, an estimated 100 units still need to be relocated, while about 40 SC units are being repaired. Please contact us if you are still waiting for your South Carolina miner to be relocated and need a ticket to track your relocation.

Texas 4

S19 XP units: The DSC is working through the last 400 XPs for ultrasonic cleaning. Another 300 are in queue for warranty repair, and the remaining are in the final stages of testing or being prepared for redeployment at a new facility.

Non-XP units:  The technicians at Texas 4 are continuing to pack up our units for shipping. Only about 1,500 units remain on the racks now. The rest have been palletized for shipping.