Compass Mining is pleased to provide the following facility updates for Oct. 12, 2022.
Please note the structure used below for all Compass products:
- Facility updates: updates on any facility changes, including moving miners between locations, downtime or general information about one of Compass’s partner facilities.
- Deployment updates: updates on current deployments from manufacturers to Compass hosting locations.
- Bundle updates: information on individual bundle deployments or re-locations can be found here.
- Your Compass Dashboard for your order information.
- Compass Status page for real-time updates on facility status.
- Naming conventions for each facility here.
Nebraska 1: A site transformer has failed, with approximately 60% of the site’s units down. The hosting partner is working on a resolution but does not have an estimated time for coming back online at this time. We will update clients as we hear back from the site operator.
Texas 3: MINI Bundle, Lonestar Bundle 1 & 2, VIP Bundle, R-NA bundle units and S19j Pro singles are all slated to come online at Texas 3. Compass Mining will send out email notifications to clients when a group of units from a deployment goes live.
The initial 1,500 unit deployment is currently offline after the substation tripped. On-site engineers are investigating the outage. We continue to wait on a status update for the substation from the Texas 3 team.
We remain on standby for the remaining deployments, which will follow chronologically with re-deployments and bundle dates. A further 6,000 units are slated to come online after ERCOT approves the maintenance work completed in late September.
Georgia 2 & 3: The re-location of units from Georgia 2 and Georgia 3 is underway, with 66% of the units back online at Texas 1. A further 400 are slated for deployment this week at Texas 1.
Indiana 2: The Indiana 2 site is currently operational, with rolling deployments from multiple re-locations.
- The first batch of New Mexico re-deployments to Indiana 2 are now deployed as of Tuesday, Oct. 11. Units are expected to go online by Thursday, Oct. 13.
- Clients who opted for Unit 1 of their XP Bundles and August Singles to be deployed in Indiana 2 are now online. Please check your Compass Mining email and respond to our request for site selection if you have not already.
Florida 1: Florida 1 hosts both Antminer Z15 units and Antminer S19 units.
- Maine Antminer Z15 units have all been deployed to Florida. If your unit is offline, please submit a ticket.
- Some S19 units were identified during machine review for needed maintenance. All miners have been contacted by email for expected repair and re-deployment status.
Oklahoma 3: Compass Mining removed 170 units from the Oklahoma 3 facility after the facility partner encountered an electrical component failure.
Units are expected to be online and hashing by the end of next week.
Manitoba 8: The site is on track to be operational by late October.
Newfoundland and Labrador 1: Units have arrived on-site and have begun hashing as of Friday, Sep. 16.
S19J Pro 100 July (single units), S19J Pro 100 August (single units): July and August units are currently offline and slated to go online as the site energizes and units are configured at Texas 3.
S19J Pro 100 September (single units): This deployment is ready to go online after energization and configurations are complete at Texas 3.
M30s++ August (single units): Units have been deployed in Minnesota for those clients who chose Minnesota hosting. Units will be deployed in Texas 3 during September. Please check the email associated with your Compass account for an email asking for your facility preference.
M30s++ September (single units): Units are being deployed to Minnesota or Texas 3, depending on client preference. Please check your emails to select your preferred hosting location.
S19 XP 140 TH August (single units): S19 XP units have been deployed in Indiana 2. S19 XP units have also arrived in Texas 3 and will be deployed once the site is energized. Please check the email associated with your Compass account for an email asking for your facility preference.
S19 XP 140 TH September (single units): S19XP units may be deployed to Indiana 2 or Texas 3. Please check your email to let Compass Mining know your facility preference.
The September batch of units are expected to come online after energization and configuration are complete at Texas 3.
Mini Bundle (MINI): The Mini Bundle deployment is ongoing. Units 1 through 4 are fully deployed.
- 15% of Unit 5 is online at Texas 3, with the remaining units ready to go live after further energization and configurations.
- Unit 6 is installed in Texas 3 and is expected to go live once energization and configurations are completed.
US VIP Bundles: The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3. Unit 6 is now fully deployed.
- Units 7 and 8 are ready to go live once energization and configuration are complete.
- Unit 9 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date one week after Units 7 and 8 go online.
- Units 10 and 11 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 21.
- Unit 12 is expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of Monday, Nov. 28, and Wednesday, Nov. 30.
R-NA VIP Bundle: The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3. Unit 5 is now fully deployed.
- Units 6 and 7 are expected to go online once the facility energizes and configures units at Texas 3.
- Unit 8 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date one week after Units 6 and 7 go online.
- Units 9 and 10 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 21.
- Units 11 and 12 are expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of Monday, Oct. 31, and Wednesday, Nov. 30.
LONE 1 Bundle: The deployment is ongoing. Unit 4 is fully deployed.
- Unit 5 is installed in Texas 3 with 50% of units now hashing. The remaining 50% will go online after the site energizes and configures units.
- Unit 6 is expected to go online once the site energizes and configures units.
LONE 2 Bundle: This is the second LONE Bundle. Unit 1 is fully deployed. Unit 2 has been deployed in Texas 1, and the remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Units 3 and 4 are expected to go online after energization and configuration at Texas 3.
- Units 5 and 6 are expected to be deployed during October.
Next Generation Bundle August: For Unit 1, S19 XP units have been deployed in Indiana 2. S19 XP units have also arrived in Texas 3 and will be deployed once the site is energized. Please check the email associated with your Compass account for an email asking for your facility preference for Unit 1.
- Unit 1 - Indiana units are deployed; Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 2 - Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 3 - Oct. 31
- Unit 4 - Nov. 30
- Unit 5 - Dec. 31
- Unit 6 - Jan. 31
Next Generation Bundle September: This batch is currently on track and September units will be deployed in Texas.
- Unit 1 - Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 2 - Oct. 31
- Unit 3 - Nov. 30
- Unit 4 - Dec. 31
- Unit 5 - Jan. 31
- Unit 6 - Feb. 28
For previous deployments, please submit a ticket via the support site: Support Ticket.
We ask all clients to provide pool information before deployment by logging into the Compass Mining dashboard. You can find additional information about mining pools on the Compass Mining FAQ page.
As always, we are committed to service and support excellence. If we can answer any questions, our customer support is available 24/7 by submitting a request: Support.