Is Bitcoin money, a money network or financial platform? Bitcoin’s various op_codes and protocol features make this question more difficult than one may presume from the outset.
In this episode of Compass Live, Bitcoin developer Jeremy Rubin explains how a potential upgrade, BIP 119, could bring more smart contract functionality to the Bitcoin network.
- 2:29 - What are Bitcoin covenants?
- 8:19 - What is BIP 119?
- 9:51 - What would BIP 119 enable?
- 23:51 - Why change Bitcoin?
- 27:16 - BIP 119 and Bitcoin mining
- 35:23 - Bitcoin vs Ethereum smart contracts
- 41:05 - Bounty for BIPs
- 49:36 - Bitcoin not a finished product
- 58:37 - Bitcoin’s future
"BIP-119 Specification" by Jeremy Rubin
Hosted by Will Foxley