As regulators continue to criticize Bitcoin mining for its carbon footprint, public mining companies are getting ahead of the narrative by exclusively using renewable sources for their power.
In this episode we talk with Zach Bradford from CleanSpark about being a public mining company, the challenges of ESG power sourcing, and the future of the Bitcoin mining industry.
- 0:54 Zach's background
- 02:55 Data center energy optimization
- 04:32 CleanSpark vs. other miners
- 06:15 CleanSpark future
- 07:30 Mining Mergers
- 09:24 Mining is not an arms race
- 13:25 Equipment lifespan
- 15:03 CleanSpark expansion
- 18:09 Why ESG mining?
- 21:44 Renewables vs. fossil fuels
- 24:56 Bitcoin community split on ESG
- 27:14 Regulation
- 29:19 Does the ESG narrative go away?
- 32:07 Hiring talent
- 34:00 What's exciting
Hosted by Whit Gibbs