Compass Mining is pleased to provide the following facility updates for Sep. 29, 2022. We apologize for the tardy report while we worked with our facility partners to get more up-to-date information.
Please note the structure used below for all Compass products:
- Facility updates: updates on any facility changes, including moving miners between locations, downtime or general information about one of Compass's partner facilities.
- Deployment updates: updates on current deployments from manufacturers to Compass hosting locations.
- Bundle updates: information on individual bundle deployments or re-locations can be found here.
- Your Compass Dashboard for your order information.
- Compass Status page for real-time updates on facility status.
- Naming conventions for each facility here.
Ontario 1: The facility is now back online. Ontario 1 clients have been emailed further communications on the rate increase and potential options for hosting. We thank you for your patience while we worked with our facility partner on a resolution.
Texas 3: Over 1,500 units are now energized and configured from Circuit 1, including units from the Oklahoma 2 relocation, MINI Bundle, Lonestar Bundle 1 & 2, R-NA Bundles, VIP Bundle and S19j Pro Singles. Compass Mining will send out email notifications to clients when a group of units from a deployment goes live.
We do not have an expected go-live date for further units at this time, as the site is awaiting administrative approval from the Energy Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) following necessary substation maintenance. Units are ready to be energized and configured once the approval is received. We expect the approval within the next few days.
We ask all Texas 3 miners to check their emails for further communications on the matter.
Texas 1: All units are deployed and hashing. Compass Mining is contacting any clients whose units are not online at this time due to machine errors.
Georgia 2 & 3: The relocation of units from Georgia 2 and Georgia 3 is underway, with the first 33% of units expected to be online by Friday, Sep. 30. The following 33% of units are expected to go online by the following Friday, Oct. 7 and last 33% by Friday, Oct. 14 in two batches.
Please note that weather conditions caused by Hurricane Ian have postponed shipment of some miners from Georgia 2 & 3 to Texas 1.
Indiana 2: The Indiana 2 site is currently operational, with rolling deployments from multiple re-locations.
- S19 series units from Pennsylvania are online and hashing at Indiana 2.
- S19 series units from Maine 1 are online and hashing at Indiana 2.
- Some former New Mexico units are at our Denver repair hub awaiting shipping and re-deployment to Indiana 2. Units are expected to go back online by late September or early October.
- Clients who opted for Unit 1 of their XP Bundles and August Singles to be deployed in Indiana 2 are now online. Please check your Compass Mining email and respond to our request for site selection if you have not already.
Florida: Maine Antminer Z15 units have started deployed to Florida 1. All units are expected to go online by mid-to-late September. Currently over 200 units are racked and hashing.
We ask all Z15 miners currently using Braiins Pool (formerly Slush Pool) to transfer to another pool service, as the Zcash pool has been deprecated. Please check your emails for a request for pool information if you have not done so already.
Please note that some units that selected Luxor Pool are experiencing pool syncing issues. If you have selected Luxor and are not hashing, please send in a support ticket.
Oklahoma 3: Compass Mining removed 170 units from the Oklahoma 3 facility, after the facility partner encountered an electrical component failure.
Since the timeline to re-energize is unknown–as backorders for industrial-level electrical equipment remain elongated–Compass Mining has decided to remove units to our Indiana 2 partner facility. The units are currently packaged and ready for shipment to Indiana 2. We now expect redeployment and hashing to commence by Monday, Oct. 17.
Newfoundland and Labrador 1: Units have arrived on-site and have begun hashing as of Friday, Sep. 16.
S19j Pro 100 July (single units), S19j Pro 100 August (single units): July and August units are awaiting energization and configuration.
S19j Pro 100 September (single units): This deployment is ready to go online after energization and configurations are complete.
M30s++ August and September (single units): Units have been deployed in Minnesota for those clients who chose Minnesota hosting. Units will be deployed in Texas 3 during September. Please check the email associated with your Compass Mining account for an email asking for your facility preference.
S19 XP 140 TH August and September (single units): S19 XP units have been deployed in Indiana 2. S19 XP units have also arrived in Texas 3 and will be deployed once the site is energized. Please check the email associated with your Compass account for an email asking for your facility preference.
The September batch of units is expected to come online after energization and configuration are complete.
Mini Bundle (MINI): The Mini Bundle deployment is ongoing. Units 1 through 4 are fully deployed.
- 15% of Unit 5 units are online and hashing, with the remaining units installed and pending energization.
- Unit 6 is installed in Texas 3 and is expected to go live once energization and configurations are completed.
US VIP Bundles: The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3. Unit 6 is now fully deployed.
- Unit 7 and Unit 8 are ready to go live once energization and configuration are complete.
- Unit 9 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 14.
- Unit 10 and 11 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 21.
- Unit 12 is expected to be deployed by the original estimated online date of Wednesday, Nov. 30.
R-NA VIP Bundle: The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3. Unit 5 is now fully deployed.
- Unit 6 and Unit 7 are expected to go online once the facility energizes and configures units.
- Unit 8 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 14.
- Unit 9 and Unit 10 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of Friday, Oct. 21.
- Unit 11 and 12 are expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of Monday, Oct. 31, and Wednesday, Nov. 30.
LONE 1 Bundle: The deployment is ongoing. Unit 4 is fully deployed.
- Unit 5 is installed in Texas 3 with 50% of units now hashing. The remaining 50% will go online after the site energizes and configures units.
- Unit 6 is expected to go online once the site energizes and configures units.
LONE 2 Bundle: This is the second LONE Bundle. Unit 1 is fully deployed. Unit 2 has been deployed in Texas 1 and the remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Unit 3 and Unit 4 are expected to go online after energization and configuration.
- Unit 5 and 6 are expected to be deployed during October.
Next Generation Bundle August: For Unit 1, S19 XP units have been deployed in Indiana 2. S19 XP units have also arrived in Texas 3 and will be deployed once the site is energized. Please check the email associated with your Compass Mining account for an email asking for your facility preference for Unit 1.
- Unit 1 - Indiana units are deployed, Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 2 - Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 3 - Oct. 31
- Unit 4 - Nov. 30
- Unit 5 - Dec. 31
- Unit 6 - Jan. 31
Next Generation Bundle September: This batch is currently on track and September units will be deployed in Texas.
- Unit 1 - Texas 3 units are pending site energization and configuration.
- Unit 2 - Oct. 31
- Unit 3 - Nov. 30
- Unit 4 - Dec. 31
- Unit 5 - Jan. 31
- Unit 6 - Feb. 28
For previous deployments, please submit a ticket via the support site: Support Ticket
We ask all clients to provide pool information before deployment by logging into the Compass Mining dashboard. You can find additional information about mining pools on the Compass Mining FAQ page.
As always, we are committed to service and support excellence. If we can answer any questions, our customer support is available 24/7 by submitting a request: Support.