Compass Mining is pleased to provide the following facility updates for September 1, 2022.
We'd like to remind customers to dig back into their email inbox to find our "2022 Mining Operations Summer Update." It's full of helpful tips and tricks about mining during the summer months and what to expect with Compass Mining!
Please note the structure used below for all Compass products:
- Deployment updates: updates on current deployments from manufacturers to Compass hosting locations.
- Facility updates: updates on any facility changes, including moving miners between locations, downtime, or general information about one of Compass's partner facilities.
- Bundle updates: information on individual bundle deployments or re-locations can be found here.
As a note, Compass shows units between both locations and bundles. Please check your Compass Dashboard if you are unsure about your purchase. Please also utilize our Compass Status page for real-time updates on facility status! Also be sure to check out our naming conventions for each facility here.
S19J Pro 100 July (single units): This deployment is expected to be completed by early-to-mid September. These units have first priority in the Texas 3 facility.
S19J Pro 100 August (single units): This deployment is now expected to be completed by mid September.
S19J Pro 100 September (single units): This deployment is on track for September 31.
M30s++ August and September (single units): Clients will have the opportunity to remain in Texas 3 or come online in Minnesota immediately for both the August 31 and September 30 batches of units. Please check the email associated with your Compass account for an email asking for your facility preference.
- Minnesota: 593 of 794 units, or 75% of the August and September M30S++ are online and hashing for customers that chose the first available facility or Minnesota as their hosting facility.
- Texas 3: Estimated deployment date of August 30.
S19XP 140 TH August and September (single units): These units will be deployed in both Indiana 2 and Texas 3. We have deployed 40% of the August S19XP single units and the first units of Next Gen Bundle 1. The September units are expected to come online by September 30.
Minnesota: M30S++ units for both August and September batches are being installed. ASICs have already started hashing to pool accounts and the deployment is ongoing.
Texas 3: As of Tuesday, August 30, over 10,000 Compass Mining client ASICs are on-site, awaiting energization approval from the Energy Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT).
Relocated miners will have first priority and all other units will be deployed chronologically based on the original order date. Site energization involves tight coordination with the site’s power provider. Due to extreme heat conditions in the region currently stressing the grid, the site’s power provider must carefully time the final testing to minimize risk to the grid, and the communities it powers.
Based on current conversations with the power provider, it is anticipated this final step to be completed by early to mid-September, rather than the last week of August which was previously communicated.
Installation of additional ASICs will continue over the next two weeks while the facility team works with the power provider.
Indiana 2: Compass has secured additional capacity with the Indiana partner at a new site Indiana 2. The facility will hold units from multiple facility re-locations. All clients have been informed of the changes via email.
- Pennsylvania miners and Maine S19 units have arrived in Indiana 2. These units are being racked and have an estimated hashing date of September 9.
- Some New Mexico units will re-deploy to Indiana 2 after inspection at our Denver, Colorado facility and are expected to be online by mid-September.
- Unit 1 of Antminer S19 XP bundle orders were sent to Indiana 2, in order to get miners online as fast as possible. Of Unit 1, 40% are online as of Thursday, September 1.
Florida: Maine Antminer Z15 units have been deployed to Florida 1. All units are expected to go online by mid-to-late September.
Texas 1: As of Friday, September 2, over 50% of Compass Mining units are online and hashing.
At over 100 megawatts (MW) in size, Texas 1 is energizing units in tranches. The Compass Mining operations team is working with the facility to ensure customer units are being deployed as quickly as possible. We expect the remaining units to go online over the next 10-14 days.
Georgia 2 and Georgia 3: Due to a 50% spike in the price of electricity from the local utility providers, our Georgia 2 and 3 facility locations have been closed by their owner. Compass Mining was made aware of the hosting changes Wednesday, August 31.
The facility owner is closing its Georgia facilities to protect miners from excessive energy rate changes and has opened up its alternative facility, Texas 1, for continued hosting. Texas 1 is currently energizing over 100 megawatts (MW) of units. Compass Mining already has units deployed in Texas 1, with our allocation of 25 megawatt (MW) is expected to be online by the end of September. Georgia 2 and Georgia 3 units will go online immediately after Texas 1 clients go online.
For Georgia 1 and Georgia 2 units, the uninstallation, transit and re-racking at Texas 1 is expected to take 30 days. Client units are tentatively scheduled to be back online by September 30. Compass Mining will provide regular updates on the re-deployment.
Unit 4 (MINI): Unit 4 was deployed across four sites: Minnesota 1, Manitoba 6/7 and Indiana 2. Units were deployed based on the order date, customer facility election, and the first available space. Customers were brought online by order date.
The deployment is currently 98.5% complete with the remaining customers expected to come online at Indiana 2 by early-to-mid-September.
- Unit 5 will be deployed in Texas 3 with an estimated online date of September 15.
- Unit 6 will be deployed in Texas 3 with an estimated online date of September 20.
US VIP Bundles: Unit 6 is online. The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Unit 7 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 16.
- Unit 8 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 23.
- Unit 9 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 30.
- Unit 10 and 11 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of October 7.
- Unit 12 is expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of October 31, and November 30.
R-NA VIP Bundle: Unit 5 is online. Unit 6 deployments have begun in Manitoba 6 and South Carolina. We have deployed 34% of Unit 6 and the remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Unit 6 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 16.
- Unit 7 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 23.
- Unit 8 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 30
- Unit 9 and Unit 10 are expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of October 7.
- Unit 11, and 12 are expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of September 30, October 31, and November 30.
LONE 1: Unit 4 has been deployed, with some units online as Texas 1 begins turning the site on. The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Unit 5 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of mid-September, once the site energizes.
- Unit 6 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 30.
LONE 2 Bundle: This is the second LONE Bundle. Unit 1 is fully deployed. The remaining units will be deployed in Texas 3.
- Unit 2 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 16.
- Unit 3 is expected to be deployed by September 23.
- Unit 4 is expected to be deployed with an estimated online date of September 30.
- Unit 5 and 6 are expected to be deployed by the original estimated online dates of September 30 and October 31.
Next Generation Bundle August: These will be deployed in Indiana 2 and Texas 3, and all units are currently on track to meet the estimated deployment dates.
- Unit 1 - September 8 for Indiana 2 - September 16 for Texas 3
- Unit 2 - September 30
- Unit 3 - October 31
- Unit 4 - November 30
- Unit 5 - December 31
- Unit 6 - January 31
Next Generation Bundle September: These will be deployed in Indiana 2 and Texas 3, and all units are currently on track to meet the estimated deployment dates.
- Unit 1 - September 30
- Unit 2 - October 31
- Unit 3 - November 30
- Unit 4 - December 31
- Unit 5 - January 31
- Unit 6 - February 28
For previous deployments, please submit a ticket via the support site: Support Ticket
We ask all clients to provide pool information before deployment by logging into the Compass Mining dashboard. You can find additional information about mining pools on the Compass Mining FAQ page.
As always, we are committed to service and support excellence. If we can answer any questions, our customer support is available 24/7:
Phone: +1 (888) 871-3071
Submit a request: Support