As the mining sector becomes more institutionalized, it’s important for the Bitcoin community to always focus on building systems that are as decentralized as possible. From supply chain to block propagation, all aspects of the mining technology stack are potential failure points.
In this episode we talk with Shinobi, Co-host of Block Digest about various centralization attack vectors lurking in the Bitcoin mining ecosystem.
- 01:10 Centralization of the mining stack
- 05:52 Pools
- 07:32 Changing SHA256
- 11:04 Are pools a threat?
- 16:12 Betterhash & Stratum V2
- 18:39 Hardware centralization
- 21:03 Home mining
- 24:59 Geographic distribution
- 29:00 Political threats
- 30:33 Equipment market threats
- 36:35 New mining projects
- 40:42 Energy production threats
- 45:30 Threats related to Compass Mining
- How centralized is Bitcoin mining really? by Shinobi
Hosted by Will Foxley